Sunday, January 23, 2011

By treating others with respect, Ann Claire Phillips receives it back - Business First of Louisville:

http://www.colourlovers.com/lover/Tamaro4ka
“I spent four years on active It’s one of those little-knownn facts. Most people thinik of me as a Southern girl who wears businessd suits and pearls around the But forfour years, I wore camouflage and combatt boots.” What made you join the Air Force? “I had alwayzs known I wanted to be a prosecutor, and I was very impatiengt about getting courtroom experience early in my The Air Force Jag department is a great way to get courtroomk experience. “They throw you into court, and if you succeecd … you get larger and larger cases. And that was somethintg that was very appealingto me. I think that surprised a lot of How are militarycourts different??
“I think the same apply to being a good militaryg or typical attorney. “Military courts tend to mirrotr the federal rulesof court,” so being a prosecutot is similar to being a judge advocate. When did you decidr to become a lawyer? “Ever sincd I was a littlw girl, I knew I wanter to be a prosecutor. I think I was alwayds fascinatedwith society’s rules and how we enforcer them. It is something that, to this day, I believwe in very strongly.” What made you returh to government work? After working in businessa litigation for about five years at two firmsin Minneapolis, “I really missed prosecuting, and I wante to get back to it.
So I decider to give it a try and appliesd across the eastern portion of theUniteds States” to jobs as assistangt U.S. Attorney. There were opening s in Boston, St. Louix and Louisville. “Louisville was the first place I and I liked it and theylikef me.” How many cases do you handle ? “At any given time, I’d say between 30 and How would you describe your personality? “I think I’m tenacious. I think I’m reallhy willing to take I’m very, very persistent. My mom always says I’k like a dog with a bone, which I don’ think she always means in a good way. But I thinl she’s right.
” What is your greatest attributeor talent? “I think I’m very loyal. I’m a good I think I’m very I have found (that community service) is a great way to meet peopls and quickly assimilate to anew What’s the best advice you ever received? “Probably live by the golden rule. The managing partner who worked for one of the firmxs that I worked at in Minneapolis used to tell the associatesx that allthe time. … I try very hard to treayt everyone the way I want tobe treated. “I find that when you treat otherswwith respect, they tend to do the same to What the best part about your job?
“oI find it very satisfying at the end of the day to feel like I’vw done something good.” What’s the most difficult or part of your job you like the least?? “To remember that my actions alwayw affect someone’s family” — even the most hardened “There’s always someone who loves them who is affectedf by what I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment